Bringing up Baobao etc.

Friday, October 24, 2008

The Best Place to Practice Patience

I have never been out of the house until today. Two presents are needed for Two birthday parties that Sienna was invited to go to tomorrow. I made her ask the birthday girl in her class and she did come back with a singled-out item from her wish list. And I was to travel about 10 miles to get it. It turned out to be a very long journey.

The traffic in the city is a constant jam. It’s Friday. A central part of the city was blocked because a summit meeting was taking place for some world leaders to solve the current financial crisis.

The taxi driver started swearing at the drivers in front of him and around him. This is his job. How could he not have put up with it already? Besides, other drivers cannot hear him. I am the only one who is getting all the swearing sound.

As usual, the better side of me shows when I am in a not so good bad situation. I make myself feel like I am sitting on my own living room couch. And I dozed off. “Where the hell are you going now?” I am waken up by my driver. Still half asleep, I saw the mall near our house and I responded reflectively, “Oh. Keep going straight.” He said, “The BMW is crazy.” I then realized that he was mad at yet another driver but not me. Of course he didn’t apologize for making me feel like I was scolded for direction. Nor did I expect him to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home