Bringing up Baobao etc.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Business Idea, Free to Take

When we were little, there wasn’t much milk product. I grew up believing milk was imported from places like Mongolia or New Zealand with abundant cow friendly glass lands. Only the recent report of the tainted milk made me realize that China had already imported huge amount mother cows and started turning itself into a big milk exporting country.

When we were little, we never ate much potato. I thought we were rice people. Potato was an occasional ingredient for the beef stew. According to a stat a friend of mine forwarded me today, China is the largest potato grower in the world, harvesting 75 million metric tons a year, 23.3% of global potato production.

It didn’t surprised me with the notion that eager Chinese turned to cow milking and potato growing for the profits. Why? We didn’t have the habit of milk drinking or potato eating to begin with. Now I think Chinese should turn to growing grapes next. It never hurt to see red wine flow or overflowing anywhere in the world. And it’s medically-proven that red wine drinking is a good habit to pick up. Personally, I don’t care about milk or potato. The life would be so immensely enhanced if I have red wine in stock like cow milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home